How safe a car rates may have no bearing on how good of an auto title loan you get, but it does matter for you and your family. Safety innovation is one of the most exciting aspects of the auto industry right now, and in with that in mind, let’s look at the safest cars available in 2017.
1. Volkswagen Passat: At that top spot, we present the VW Passat, which received a 5-star NHTSA rating and is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+. The standard Passat trim even includes high-end safety features like a rearview camera, crash prevention system and automatic emergency braking.
2. Subaru Legacy: Next, we offer you the all-new Subaru Legacy, which is also a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS and has earned a 5-star NHTSA rating. Like the Passat, the Legacy includes some clever safety features in its base package, including the notable EyeSight crash prevention system.
3. Toyota Prius: With the third spot, we introduce a car that needs no introduction—the Toyota Prius. The Prius is also a 5-star NHTSA-rated vehicle and an IIHTS Top Safety Pick+, and it also received a Superior rating in IIHS Front Crash Prevention tests having earned a total of six points.
4. Mazda Mazda3: In the automotive world, sometimes safe means boring, but with the Mazda3, you get an impressive blend of safety, performance and value. Mazda sets this model apart with i-ACTIVSENSE technology that uses radar and lasers to detect hazards before crashes happen.
5. Hyundai Santa Fe: The Santa Fe from Hyundai earned its Top Safety Pick+ accolades from the IIHS with a near-perfect rating. It also rated Superior in Front Crash Prevention and got a 5-star rating from the NHTSA. The Santa Fe offers one of the more impressive approaches to airbags on our list and even features airbags at the driver’s knees and side-curtain airbags with rollover sensors.
6. Hyundai Elantra: Here we have another top safety option from the folks at Hyundai. The Elantra is a Top Safety Pick+ two years running now, and like the Santa Fe, it features advanced airbag technology that includes rollover detection, roof-mounted systems and driver knee protection.
7. Honda Ridgeline: Perhaps you’re not used to seeing pickup trucks on lists like this one, but the Ridgeline from Honda deserves to be here. This vehicle benefits from its unibody construction as well as safety options that include the Honda Sensing Package and a braking system with collision mitigation.
8. Chrysler Pacifica: The Pacifica is a minivan doing its best to redefine what a minivan is. It’s also a stud in the safety department, and in addition to top marks all around, boasts a 360-degree surround camera, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring and much more.
9. Audi A4: The Audi A4 is an amazing family car, and it scores as well as it does when it comes to safety thanks to a base package that includes Audi PreSense and Audi’s Driver Assistance Package.
10. Acura MDX: Last but certainly not least, we present to you the MDX from Acura. This vehicle is 5-star NHTSA and has received Top Safety Pick+ and Superior Front Crash Prevention recognition from the IIHS. The base MDX is well-equipped and includes a rearview camera, collision mitigation and warning systems for both lane departure and forward collision.